Saturday, May 21, 2011

Presenting: Archie and Alice: An Illustrated History of the Sergenians and Kaprelians


I would like to share with you all the culmination of over a years work on the family history project. I don't even know where to start. This project has been a long time in the making, and even now with the printed book I still don't feel it is entirely "done". Working on this family history project has been an enriching experience, one that has allowed me to learn so much about our family - a family I could not be prouder to be a part of. All of the photos, the documents, and the stories have painted a picture so rich and textured, that I hope I did it even one tenth the justice it deserves. I cannot thank my aunts and uncles enough for what they've contributed to this project, but more so for what they have contributed to make this family what it is. I have a great deal of admiration for each of them - the love and concern that they hold for each other, for all that they have accomplished in their lives, and for the families they have raised.

This project took a tremendous amount of time - something my very patient and loving husband can certainly attest to. But there is one clear point to make - every minute, every hour I put into this project was more than worth it. This project has been it's own reward for me. I am excited to share this book with you! I will mention now that I had to stop somewhere - or else this book might have become a mighty tome. As it is, I am sure I have enough material for a volume two. SO you will see that there are not many photos of the great-grandchildren of Ara and Alice, and there are not many photos of the grandchildren beyond the high school years. Maybe I will make a volume two...or maybe I will continue posting the extra stories, documents and photos here on this blog.

The book has chapters covering the arrival of Alice and Ara's families to the United states, their marriage, their family throughout the years, and a chapter for each of their children and the families they have, with a final chapter about the business.

The book is available for purchase now, but only in the larger size. I would suggest waiting to purchase a book until I can put a slightly revised version up (I have found a typo or two that I would like to correct, and I have gotten a few extra Sergenian's business related items from Tom), and then you will be able to purchase either an 11x13" book for about $120, or an 8x10" book for about $60. I will make an updated post once the book is ready for purchase.

I hope you enjoy!!!

-Silva

1 comment:

  1. Wow!!! Silva, you did an amazing job!! I can't wait to order the book!

    ReplyDelete